Your Dream Job as a Kid

DrDingo

We all had crazy aspirations when we were 10 years old. To be a fireman, an astronaut, a footballer, a singer, or whatever else it might have been.
This thread is for sharing all that crazy shit. At least, what you remember.

For me, the chronological list went something like this:

-Rockstar (Played guitar and gave up)
-Boxing Champion (I was good at Wii Sports)
-Comedian
-Film Director

Lie down on my sofa, get comfy, and tell me about your childhood, Phoenix

I wanted to be an Archaeologist/Linguist, like Indiana Jones and Daniel Jackson, or an Engineer/Physicist like Doc Brown and Samantha Carter. I was able to get degrees in Archaeology and Engineering, but neither fields are as exciting as I saw on TV as a kid, haha. 

-Veterinarian

The common childhood dream...

-Marine Biologist (working at Seaworld with Shamu and dolphins)

When I realized liking animals doesnt automatically mean being a Vet was the only career path

-Animal Cop

I was a little nerd that watched way too much animal planet. I realize now that I dont even like law studies and that'd be dumb

-Veterinarian

Came back to this when I learned i really love animals AND biology/anatomy/pphysiology 

-Veterinary technician

When I realized being a doctor for animals was too much college work than my liking, and a similar and close alternative was being an animal nurse

-Veterinary Technician/Receptionist/Kennel Technician

When I realized having all the necessary skills combined to work in a medical and clinical environment was helpful

Yeah Im a pretty focused and straightforward sort of guy...

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

2 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

What exactly attracted you to dentistry? I've always been curious why some people are so attracted to that line of work. 

I know a guy who was desperate to study dentistry.

It was really just a salary thing. You get really high pay without the stresses of being a doctor in a hospital.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

What exactly attracted you to dentistry? I've always been curious why some people are so attracted to that line of work. 

I had a really good dentist as a child and liked the idea of it

4 hours ago, DrDingo said:

I know a guy who was desperate to study dentistry.

It was really just a salary thing. You get really high pay without the stresses of being a doctor in a hospital.

Also this.

Being an object of fear in millions of people is a happy little bonus, too ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valery91Thunder said:

I would have loved that =D

I was about to seriously follow that route, but then I found out the detective job isn't exactly as the murder mystery novels describe it. I suppose I was a very delusional child. xP

BUT YOU CAN BE A DETECTIVE LIKE GUMMY

there's a lot. the ones I held onto the longest though were vet, writer (I entertained writing either novels and comic books), game designer, and actor. I wanted to be a lawyer or a detective at one point too because I had no friends and would watch crime documentaries all day. also Phoenix Wright made it look cool.

now I study film and radio because I'm really good at editing and there's no math involved :u

21 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I wanted to be a jet fighter pilot, but I found out I couldn't because of glasses, and then later I realized the military is just terrible.

Oh yeah, that crossed my mind at some point, too.

I actually have a lot of jobs where I thought they'd be "cool to have", but haven't wavered much from game design.

Genetic engineering was a career I wanted for a while, until I realized it doesn't work like in the movies and I can't make the perfect creature... yet =v I might study it later out of sheer interest, even if I'm not going to be working in the field.

• Like 1