What other forums you guys on?

FlynnCoyote

Just now, arcana said:

I mean, yeah, he asked me to send him my yiff folder once, and he has really bad sonic art he's saved for the purpose of making other people cringe, but like...

I just dunno, man.

We must save that boy from the clutches of mormon jesus and deliver him to evil. 

(also sorry for spamming your thread, OP) 

• Like 1

I'm only on this one day barely have time to keep up with it as it is. So not much point in me investing time into another one especially since I've made all the friends I could want here and even met my boyfriend.

1 hour ago, Revates said:

I'm only on this one day barely have time to keep up with it as it is. So not much point in me investing time into another one especially since I've made all the friends I could want here and even met my boyfriend.

Was he a "rescue?"

Behind me lay a sea of ancient, dead accounts in forums and forum-like places such as Slashdot. FAF is the latest to join the dead sea. Lastly there's Weasyl (it's just sleeping) and Phoenixed. This forum is one of my all time favorites.

Edited by DrGravitas
Word choice
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Vincent said:

I use the forum on Flight Rising. I am also active on the forum at susans.org.

That's about it...

I could tell you've only been on a couple before. One of the more common rules on forums are not to respond to old, inactive threads.

Well, not exactly a rule-rule, but people don't really want other people to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGreatFanatic said:

I could tell you've only been on a couple before. One of the more common rules on forums are not to respond to old, inactive threads.

I don't know, he might just be proving his necromantic powers to us... (though I've seen much worse than this; once on Dakkadakka.com some new users revived a thread I had posted in which had not received a new post for 6 years...)

I think it is really just part of general forum etiquette, but it isn't uncommon for people new to forums to not know this.

And Vincent, you might want to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section, that's usually the best place to start so people know you a little.

10 hours ago, Vincent said:

That's about it...

10 hours ago, TheGreatFanatic said:

It is a general rule of thumb, yeah; but it's not all that big of a deal here. Don't worry about it; I just wouldn't make a habit of it...

• Like 1

Hmm. I think necromancy is acceptable if it's relevant and provides new, good content. Though you could always just make another thread.

Mostly here, and I occasionally visit an old gaming forum I used to frequent which died some time ago (is bungie).

Also a IQ society (could be high or low, up to you) forum, which filled with bigots and probably shouldn't be taken seriously. I am suprised that there aren't more furries there, as the fandom is apparently replete with overachievers.

Obligatory IQ is not very important disclaimer. 

14 hours ago, Vincent said:

That's about it...

I loved FR's forums when I used to play! Their art community is really nice and great for advertising what you've got. 

Flight Rising & Weasyl forums are basically the only two I've been on before, or least the only memorable ones. :P

I stated off on 1up.com forums. Talking about video games and searching for people to play SSBB and Xbox 360 games. Then found FAF and made a bunch of friends there. Kinda drifted away from it for a while due to work and life stuff.

For a while I didn't go near any forums (about 2-3 years). I went to the TwoKinds webcomic forums for a few months, took art requests from people there. Most of the people there were friendly.

Got bored of it and went back to FAF when all the chaos of no mods was happening. Reconnected with those I could remember and when it finally shut down I made my way here. 

My forum going days were various

I started in the elden days messing around on Yahoo!Answers for the hell of it

Gravitated towards Urban Dictionary because its the only place I could find with an active chat box, at the time I was young and wasnt sure how to communicate online with strangers proactively and didnt know where to go

I joined nerdfighters forum but that died

www.off-white.eu is a webcomic which I didnt quite use the forum on but the comment section had its own comic community (ended up third top commenter at one point)

Gravitated to homestuck forum site I think it was mspa forums or something. 

Briefly dabbled in deviantart forums sometimes

Afterwards I dabbled in two or three RP forums: www.RPnation.com

www.iwakuroleplay.com

and...uuhhhh...www.bluemoonroleplaying.com

Even moreso briefly I dabbled in Weasyl forums

...more recently I joined www.susansplace.org to ask questions and find acknowledgement among a more specific topic that would be weird to fixate on, say, a furry forum

I started out on anime nation, but have since been banned twice for being a furry. I cheated and came back after the first ban with a different username and no one was the wiser for a very long time.

I used to run a student based forum for college kids in my hometown, but it was a proboards and when I transfered to a new forum type, it died something fierce. It didn't feel like I had enough community support and I got tired of being the sole payer of all the bills, so I let it drop,

Currently I'm on here, 1branson, furrypile, and FaF, but I don't really check on faf at all..... 1branson is fun to watch the heavily political meanderings hidden away in a registered only members section and to find out the happenings in my home away from home, usually before they become local entertainment news stories. As for furrypile I've not really been able to find the time/urge to rp lately, so I'm on there less then I used to be.

12 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

It is a general rule of thumb, yeah; but it's not all that big of a deal here. Don't worry about it; I just wouldn't make a habit of it...

I try not to post on dead threads, sometimes I just forget to pay attention to the dates they were last posted on. At least on one of the forums I'm on they give a warning beforehand that a new post hasn't been made in less than 30 days.

I've joined a few more forums since the last time I posted on this thread, the most prominent being MyAnimeList. It's fun to fuck around on there. Some of the other forums include danooct1.com, some Daria forum I forgot the name of, and Pretty Ugly Little Liar, which is basically a girly clone of the Kiwi Farms that I barely post on.

i was mostly in chat rooms "back in the day" (the one i used most was just called chat-center, i think), then discovered avatar chat games like habbo hotel and imvu (which i used once and hated), and from there i stumbled upon avatar forum sites (like gaia, for a more recognizable example, though i didn't actually use that one very much)... i think i've made an account on just about every one of those that's existed at least once, just trying them out.  the ones i liked or spent the most time on mostly ended up dying/being shut down.  the one i found first and was on the longest is meez, which i found in 2007.  i largely quit a few years ago, but every few months or so i still pop on out of curiosity, make one or two posts, and leave again.  it's broken, poorly run, and full of obnoxious teenagers to whom the site now panders; it was a lot more adult-and-user-friendly when i originally joined--as an obnoxious teenager at the time, ironically enough. 

was on some dinky avatar site for a while and got asked to be a mod, but they evolved into a christian site and i left.

have been on 4chan, but did a lot more lurking than posting and never really got into it. 

made accounts on a couple of different role-playing forums, but didn't stick with those either, save for f-list which i only use with one other person because it's easy to keep track of our stories and we don't have to worry about what content we can post. 

other than that, mostly just here and faf.  have used weasyl forums and even DA forums, but i haven't used either of those sites in a long time. 

there are a couple of others that i may not be comfortable mentioning atm :U

• 2 weeks later...

I have lurker accounts on FAF and Weasyl. Used to be on a forum that I only joined because my friend said it would  "help me come out of my shell" and got disappointed when  I refused (she is now a admin of the place)

This forum was called ZTV and was a mishmash of fans of a ancient game called zoo tycoon (and its sequal) that was popular around 2006 alongside dinosaur lovers and a RP section that had apparently been purged of furry RPs for some reason.

About a year after I joined It ended up being very fussy with how I worded any palaeontology post and disliked my brief stint at making paleoart due to only slight issues. My friend (who moderates the RP section) wouldn't authorize any RP that had anthro characters in and the only one I did get going flopped quick. She also accused me of being a furry and brought up anti furry stereotypes.

The whole place accused me of being a furry after someone on it asked for me to draw something NSFW involving pterosaurs. After I put the SFW copy on the forum they all thought they where anthro characters when they were feral. Yet others got away with posting a odd looking dinosaur picture that was NSFW outright. 

I got myself banned from there after doing many stupid things I regret doing.

Here's a link to the place if you want to see it, http://w11.zetaboards.com/Z_T_V/site/ 

Its a rather generic zetaboards hosted affair and many people on there also run dead forums. If you do make a account there say cookie sent you and see what happens.

• 5 weeks later...

FA, as my main Skunk Fursona, Simo

SoFurry, but I haven't posted there in ages, maybe even years, seemed pretty dead

Fet Life, though it's not exactly forums, but has 'forums' based on certain interests, and some furry based ones

Empty Closets, where I try and help with LBGT folks and the issues of coming out, and dealing with life in general.

14 hours ago, ZorroValdez said:

I'm on FA, and I'm still not banned yet. I can shitpost up a storm but I can't get a banning.

Same for me when I lurked neoFAF. It never works if you try. 

People get busted for shitposting the word "No" in RP threads but I can deliberately make several terrible threads about spam that are still up and unlocked to this day in completely wrong subforums and all I get is Dragoneer replying with smileys.