What do you wear?

DrDingo

So, something occurred to me recently. My brother, who normally wouldn't be seen dead wearing anything that isn't smart, went off to university and began wearing nothing but T-shirts and hoodies. And this got me thinking.
People wear smart stuff socially to look impressive, right? But in an environment where everyone is level with you, you haven't gotta prove anything.

So in the spirit of all that, what do you wear around friends? Do you care about looking scruffy, and does dressing smartly for casual stuff make you look like a tool?

when Im feeling awful I dress in clothes I dont even like because I dont gice a flip and I still get patrolled on what I wear sometimes, and its not really a good thing for me personally that I dont care because that just dips in my emotional levels.

anyways, I typically wear tshirts and jeans. I like it that way.

when Im feeling awful I dress in clothes I dont even like because I dont gice a flip and I still get patrolled on what I wear sometimes, and its not really a good thing for me personally that I dont care because that just dips in my emotional levels.

anyways, I typically wear tshirts and jeans. I like it that way.

You know, not that I get patrolled on anything, but when I'm feeling down it does feel nice to just flop down onto my desk in a hoodie.

Normally I don't wear hoodies and stuff outside because of the connotations they have when worn by young people (trouble makers), but recently I thought "Eh, what the hell" and bought two nice hoodies to wear outside. Feels good, and I don't regret it.

This is going to sound cliche as hell seeing as it's what schools are always saying but I find dressing up smartly improves my mood and makes me feel like actually doing some work; that and it improves my posture as I can't exactly slouch around in a Jaeger coat without getting funny looks.  When I'm home though it's straight to the pyjamas xD

On a normal day, you might find me wearing such things as a grey beani or black baseball cap, a black corset and baggy black bondage pants with a studded belt (usually silver studs, but can be anything because I have so many), with bright, colourful skate shoes to match whatever colour I've got in my hair today, my black dog collar and some other necklaces, either two matching black buckled gloves (with or without numerous bracelets over the top of them), or one black and purple glove with LOTS of bracelets on the other arm.

Or maybe all the same accessories as above, but a lacy one-shoulder top with a dragon on the front and combats (either black, beige or dark grey with beige stitching). Or maybe my leather pants instead.

Got some thigh-high boots recently but haven't had a chance to properly wear them yet. I'll wear them with my favourite shorts (light blue with a chain that I stitched on myself with a rose charm on the end).

My god, that reads like an excerpt from My Immortal.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the underwear is a crucial part of my outfit, too. Since my pants hang so low off my hips, the thong must be chosen carefully as well since it's going to be seen all the time. I like to go with thongs with diamantees on them or maybe lots and lots of straps and the like. I love the ones with the metal rings instead of fabric joins. I got a load off eBay recently but most of them are WAY too small for me (stupid fat ass) so I need to let them out AND drop some weight if I want any chance of wearing them.

Edited by Alexxx-Returns

I generally wear a t-shirt and some jeans around friends. If I'm going out anywhere for lunch probably a button up shirt. At home I generally get around in my underwear during summer and my onesie during winter.

I typically wear a t-shirt that is either band related or has a unique design or pattern on it. My personal favourite and most worn, is a white T-shirt with a black tribal wolf head.

For legwear, I always go with blue jeans. Just regular levi jeans, nothing too fancy. I just don't think I'd suit skinny jeans.

I always wear a short leather jacket, unless it's hot or indoors. It's my favourite piece of clothing because it keeps me from getting wet, cold and just looks cool. 

For footwear I wear either my light brown casual boots or my black french combat boots. I don't know why, but I have a thing for boots recently. I prefer them to trainers (sneakers) because I find them more comfortable and they can take more of a beating. I think I'll get myself a pair of cowboy boots come next payday. I can totally see myself wearing them.

Edited by aeroxwolf

Let's see... leather boots or sneakers, black or dark blue jeans, usually a t-shirt with some country or band on it. Currently Scotland. A sweater with British flag embroidered on the chest. Red bowler hat and goggles.

That's basically how I always look, spare the few meetings I do in steampunk attire.

My desired style is every day steampunk, but my mom won't have that. 

My desired style is every day steampunk, but my mom won't have that. 

Damn, that's kinda shit. My mum used to be the same way but over the years she's gotten desensitised to it, I think. I started gradually (because it was all I knew at the time), and built up.

Nowadays my mum just gets really excited whenever I show any interest in pretty/feminine items of clothing.

• Like 1

I wear T-shirts, and pants or shorts. I don't prefer jeans, they just don't seem very comfortable in that key area. I wear sneakers, and different length socks depending on the temperature. 

I have a several dress shirts which I hardly ever wear, except for special occasions, and pajamas, which I bypass to sleep in my clothes lol

Depends on the weather and who I'm with. Lounge wear when at home (camis/tshirts+bloomers/pj shorts). If it's hot out and I'm lazy, shorts+solid color tshirt/camisol+sandals/sneakers. Average day out with friends to places, generally cute J-fashion stuff like dresses, ruffly skirts, boots, etc. When it's cold out, XXL sweater+shorts/skirt+thigh high socks/tights. And a sprinkling of lolita in between. I generally try to look nice and cute, even at home.

T-shirts, tanktops, button-downs, jackets, skirts, pants, dresses, leggings, knee-high socks.
Boots, pumps, creepers.
Sunglasses, purses, loose necklaces, bracelets, scarves.
Occasionally costumey accessories.

Mostly black, but I also have (mostly dark) blues and some super-saturated colors in the mix.

I range from super casual shit (pants / skirts and a t-shirt) to super formal dress (dresses and heels, business clothes, clubbing shit).
Sometimes more masculine, sometimes more feminine.

All of it just depends on my mood, the weather, and where I'm going / what I'm doing.
I have a fuckton of clothes.

Why wear anything at all? The best suit is yer birthday suit. :V

And i guess a collar and some leather harnesses would be alright with a jockstrap.  

Tho if i need to be decent. It's usually just tshirt and jeans and rubber shoes and a body bag. When it's windy or raining I also tie a flannel shirt around my waist. And one thing ye would never see me without is headgear.  I feel naked with anything on my head so I have various stuffs from bandanas to baseball caps to fisherman's caps to fedoras to beanies to headbands to durags to gatsby caps to hiphop caps to berets to ascot caps to boonies. 

Well I alaways wear my black leather Schott perfecto, day or night, summer or winter, wind or rain: I alaways have it on.
With that I'll wear one of my 4 exactly similar black tight pants, some of my same branded black socks, one of my very few t-shirt that are all black but one.
if it's very cold I can wear a black sweater between the t-shirt and the jacket but I rarely. I'll usually just wear my newly acquired black cachemire scarf around my neck like a bandana, tucking it in my perfecto. Then I usually wear my black leather choker collar, the black bracelet kin's dad gave me, my black leather gloves and my black leather shoes.
And if I'm feeling fancy I might wear my black commando béret.

So please help me, I see the girls wear black dresses in their summer clothes and I have to turn my head until my darkness goes, I have a very bad case of vietnamwarea !

Well I alaways wear my black leather Schott perfecto, day or night, summer or winter, wind or rain: I alaways have it on.
With that I'll wear one of my 4 exactly similar black tight pants, some of my same branded black socks, one of my very few t-shirt that are all black but one.
if it's very cold I can wear a black sweater between the t-shirt and the jacket but I rarely. I'll usually just wear my newly acquired black cachemire scarf around my neck like a bandana, tucking it in my perfecto. Then I usually wear my black leather choker collar, the black bracelet kin's dad gave me, my black leather gloves and my black leather shoes.
And if I'm feeling fancy I might wear my black commando béret.

So please help me, I see the girls wear black dresses in their summer clothes and I have to turn my head until my darkness goes, I have a very bad case of vietnamwarea !

Do you also wear one of these?

img-thing.jpg

Always just a t-shirt, usually with hoodie of some sort unless it's really warm or I just don't feel like wearing one. If I'm out somewhere I'll wear jeans or cargo trousers or shorts if it's warm, but if I'm in the house and don't need to go out to do anything I'll wear joggy-bottoms because they're comfier. c:

I usually wear a pair of hiking shoes like these (just a slightly different colour). I walk quite a bit so it's good to have shoes that are good for walking in, plus they're nice and big so they'll keep my feet warmer in cooler weather. I've also got a pair of black fake-leather boots like this I wear in wet or really cold weather, because they're made out of a hard material rather than a penetrable fabric like the hiking shoes, so they won't soak in water or let cold air get to my feet as easily.

Depends on the weather. General outfit is a pair of dark blue jeans, running sneakers, a charcoal, very thin hoodie (more for look than for warmth) and a dark henley shirt (2 buttons undone). I live in the Pacific Northwest, so that hoodie often gets swapped out for an olive drab, military surplus waterproof jacket.

I miss living in the Northeast though. I still have this aviator bomber jacket with beautiful fur trim around the collar. Way too warm to wear outside of blizzard conditions but super cute. 

I used to always wear trousers and button-ups. After spending a winter in New York I feel warm a lot easier so I've been wearing shorts and tank tops a lot. It's cooling off again so it'll be time to get out the nice clothes again. I also bought some cute cardigans just recently, trying something new~