How inflammable are you? Touchy or flexible?

You know how it is, the world is full of assholes that will try their hardest to ruin your day. When dealing with that, some manage to keep their head on their shoulders while others don't respond to provocations as well

What type of person are you? Are you a hothead or do you manage to keep your cool when provoked? Are you touchy or are you more relaxed? What does it take to piss you off?

I'm kinda touchy but don't tell anyone mmkay

Edited by Guest

The fuse is longer towards certain subjects than others. I try to keep my cool, but I'm pretty touchy and sensitive. 

Insecurities are still tender but I'd prefer to warn someone to be more gentle with that spot, rather than bite their head off for poking it.

Weed helps too, I definitely used to be more hot-headed before I smoked weed, but I also suppressed a bunch of shit, so there were lots of touchy, bruise-y, spots to be able to poke. And I wasn't so considerate back then.

I avoided people because I didn't wanna deal with their reactions to my reactions to their reactions of my existence. 

• Like 1

People are meen to me and others and that makes me sad :(

I tend to avoid confrontation quite a bit...and if an argument flares up I duck out. I don't want to be a part of it too much.

As a result of all the meenness in the entire universe I attempt to be nice when I can!

Actually I do better online than off because I'm pretty standoffish by nature even though I pay attention to most everyone from a distance.

I avoided people because I didn't wanna deal with their reactions to my reactions to their reactions of my existence. 

haha, wow this is a very complicated statement x3

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

I don't get angry often, I get sad. I kind of internalize everything people say, mean or not. That said, I explode with anger at the right buttons. 

An example would be last week, I told my friends I finally kicked my roommate out, and one guy who is NOT my friend started a conversation with me that started like this:

How do you know you're a lesbian? 

When I firmly shut down the oncoming debate of whether or not a magic dick could fix me, he then says:

You know, she probably really loves you and is too prideful to say anything.

Uh, no. I snapped so quick on him that I had to leave the room because I felt myself getting mad for a stupid reason. I think I said something like "dude, you don't even know the situation, so can you kindly not comment on it?" But I said it really rude and now I feel bad. I'm not going to apologize though, I was kind of right and I don't like him. 

I did win an award once for being the most flexible, but I don't think that it pertained to this question, lol. The entire think sounds like an innuendo anyway. I'm the most flexible because I can ride anything ;) 

If this forum was full of friendly and cuddly people, it'd be boring

I'm pretty relaxed. Angriness just takes too much effort. 

That's why you're such a cool cat (or dingo, in this case). I have the upmost admiration for those who can not get angry. Or that have a lot of patience

Wish I had that trait, I'd be spared much heart ache

I'm so full of self-loathing I feel like I deserve bad things to happen, so I just sort of take it most of the time. I tend to think things are my fault so I just keep my head down and ignore what happened if someone says something aggressively. In my head it's better to assume that it's my fault and it's my lack of understanding of the situation that makes me not feel at fault.

Sat in my car at a green light, waiting for the cars to clear out of the yellow box before pulling away because the highway code says you shouldn't spend any time at a stop in a yellow box, car somewhere behind me beeps their horn because it's a green light and they think I should go. Doing the right thing but still feel guilty. Internalise the insult and the guilt and all the public humiliation that comes with all this and go when the yellow box is clear. Think about this incident for many years afterwards. Still feel at fault for doing what I thought was right.

But if it was my mum driving she'd have properly started something. She's the sort of person who would roll down their window and shout something snarky at them as they drove past, or get out of the car to go tell them how much of an asshole they are being. And that's just plain embarassing for me, and I'm sure everyone else gets second-hand embarrassment for her when she does stuff like this. You just don't do it.

I get hotheaded if something I care strongly about is mis-represented or if someone gets their facts wrong about it. Like when my flatmates were doing dares and one of them suggested one of the guys get an ear pierced, and another said they'd take him to the Claire's in the city. I know they were having a laugh but I was just like "DON'T EVER GET PIERCED WITH A GUN. NOT NOW. NOT EVER".

I'm so full of self-loathing I feel like I deserve bad things to happen, so I just sort of take it most of the time. I tend to think things are my fault so I just keep my head down and ignore what happened if someone says something aggressively. In my head it's better to assume that it's my fault and it's my lack of understanding of the situation that makes me not feel at fault.

Sat in my car at a green light, waiting for the cars to clear out of the yellow box before pulling away because the highway code says you shouldn't spend any time at a stop in a yellow box, car somewhere behind me beeps their horn because it's a green light and they think I should go. Doing the right thing but still feel guilty. Internalise the insult and the guilt and all the public humiliation that comes with all this and go when the yellow box is clear. Think about this incident for many years afterwards. Still feel at fault for doing what I thought was right.

But if it was my mum driving she'd have properly started something. She's the sort of person who would roll down their window and shout something snarky at them as they drove past, or get out of the car to go tell them how much of an asshole they are being. And that's just plain embarassing for me, and I'm sure everyone else gets second-hand embarrassment for her when she does stuff like this. You just don't do it.

I get hotheaded if something I care strongly about is mis-represented or if someone gets their facts wrong about it. Like when my flatmates were doing dares and one of them suggested one of the guys get an ear pierced, and another said they'd take him to the Claire's in the city. I know they were having a laugh but I was just like "DON'T EVER GET PIERCED WITH A GUN. NOT NOW. NOT EVER".

Same! My mom even got out of the car once with her lead filled tire thumper and tapped on the guy's window when the light was green and he wasn't turning. Scary and humiliating.

That's a boob

This is a boob (  .  Y  .  ) 

Gots ta have som tiddles

I was at school having a volleyball game when I make an imperfect catch which makes the ball fly out of my hands and outside the field, thus making our adversaries gain a point. One of them laughed so I politely asked him ''The fuck you're laughing at'' at which point he stowed that stupid grin off his face. Yeah, I'm a hothead. The thing is, I'm obsessed that if I don't do anything against the provocations I get, that the provoker as well as the people around me will think less of me, that they'll perceive me as a doormat, a limpdick, and I cannot allow that. I've had people treat me as one for years well no more. I've had enough of that shit. I'd rather be this touchy ball of anger rather than some idiot that gets pushed around, like I used to be. I feel like only if I react so aggressively that people will understand not to fuck with me and to treat me with respect

Heh, this was going to be the topic of a thread I was meaning to make but never got around to actually write down and upload. Only now did I manage to word it out in a satisfying way. I've always been too shy to make an entire thread about my personal issues anyway. So, uh, yeah...

Edited by Guest

Its extremely difficult to make me angry, but even when someone does I usually do a good job of holding it in. I've found that responding in anger to someone or something doesn't really help much. If someone attempts to provoke me, I either ignore it or just calmly respond back. I think it makes it harder for people to mess with you if you give them no reason to be angry with you and treat them better than they treat you.

That said, generalizations are a good way to make me angry, even if I don't or won't show my anger. If anything, its easier to make me sad than it is to make me angry.

Edited by Battlechili

It depends truly on the situation. Over things of little importance i usually just ignore or laugh it off. I can be pretty easy going for the most part, even if you have insulted or inconvenienced me. Im actually a nice person.

But for the love of all that is evil dont mess with a few things. Dont mess with any of my food. Dont mess with my bike. Dont mess with the few people goodly enough to be my friends. And dont pick one sided fights and let me see you do it cuz ill fucking smash you.

• Like 1

Well I remember when I was very sensitive and so defensive. Took things a little to personally and thought that the whole world was always conspiring against me.

let's just say once some game changer got into my life...relaxed (then I have to chug anti-oxidants)

Edited by YuukiSkywolf

I can't recall ever arguing with anyone. I don't think I even remember what anger feels like :v

It just went away after my angsty teens. I've had family members complain that I'm too "zen", whatever that means.

Anger's just, like, not worth it, y'know man?

I'm generally very calm but there are some things that I have very low tolerance for and while I try to maintain my cool once I lose patience it's gone. I'm also not very forgiving, I let minor things slide but if someone has been an outright asshole they're on the shit list from that point on. It's always possible for them to redeem themselves but since being an asshole is usually reflective of their overall personality it's very unlikely that I'll ever like or respect them again.

I think I'm very tolerant of other people and it takes quite a bit to get me angry. If I do get angry I'll remove myself from the situation since it doesn't help anyone and I don't like confrontation. So I think I keep my cool in most situations and I'm not sure of how relaxed/touchy I am.