Lulz ... It's not over.

Grandpriest

I think they should just scrap the entire database and start from brick one. It needs to be done, and it will be a good way to just filter out any old accounts that haven't posted in years.

However on the other side of things, I'm sure good friends were made and lost on there. If that is the only place certain messages were said it could be very distressing for some.

The recent news post on FurAffinity makes me a little irritated, because I followed how things developed when it happened, and the post is very biased. I generally haven't cared about whatever shenanigans the staff had been up to, but this time it really affected me personally! Plus, I think it's really unfair to the entire forum community, and would-be newcomers to the community. That said, I'm very grounded in FurAffinity; more people follow me there than anywhere else, and that support really helps me to produce art and be social. I can't imagine what it would take for me to leave, since the community benefits me so much. If FurAffinity does restart its own forum, I will probably join that too.

They have said they were going to do a lot of things but like with most promises neer and chase say they hardly if ever become a reality I am willing to bet money either it will be exactly the same or they will switch to a God awful IMUV forums 

• Like 1

That's cool and all, but the forums over there is still gonna get trolled hard, regardless.

I'd rather suggest that nothing be done that can be pointed at by certain people and go "Look, see, they're just hostile rablerousing trolls".

Basically, this. If people go all 4chan on it, its gunna make us look like dickheads.

I don't condone it, but I think it's going to happen regardless. Best we can do is not be complete dickweeds. That isn't to say people can't go on there and make their points known, I'm fully in support of that, just don't come off as an asshole as it will just add fuel to their belief that FAF was just "toxic". 

• Like 5

I don't condone it, but I think it's going to happen regardless. Best we can do is not be complete dickweeds. That isn't to say people can't go on there and make their points known, I'm fully in support of that, just don't come off as an asshole as it will just add fuel to their belief that FAF was just "toxic". 

This says it best, ya.

Oh for the love of god, get over yourself.  They will open their forum and use all their power to ban those who raise dissent.  The ONLY reason any of this went down in the first place was because Caranath had the literal power to take control of FAF.  No one will have control over the new FAF but FA.  FA intends a whole new friendly FAF, and they'll do it by banning anyone who tries to 'take it down' (That's a colorful term for 'shit post till banned' BTW) till the forum is quiet.  Even if this ends in stagnation, but guess what, Dragoneer doesn't give a SHIT if the new forums are stagnant, he only wants them to BEHAVE.

• Like 2

There'd be no point in going after the new forums other than picking a fight no one will care about. The way I see it, the people who made the old forums work are all coming here, FA will get them up (When exactly? Who knows, months most likely.) and it'll be staffed with people who'll just shut down anything you try and start.

Carenath warns about the circle-jerking for a reason, that's what the forums will become now that Neer has full management over it.

There'd be no point in going after the new forums other than picking a fight no one will care about. The way I see it, the people who made the old forums work are all coming here, FA will get them up (When exactly? Who knows, months most likely.) and it'll be staffed with people who'll just shut down anything you try and start.

Carenath warns about the circle-jerking for a reason, that's what the forums will become now that Neer has full management over it.

I mean, at the very least we'll have plenty of stuff bring back and laugh at. Assuming of course it actually happens and Neer isn't full of shit, which is to say it's never gonna happen.

Here's a question...if the forums are going to be on the same servers as FA's stuff, couldn't they be hit if Mainsite is hit hard enough, too? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of forums? Neer is an idiot.

Well I mean, he's always got ask.fm :^)

Also your signature is literally the best. Really puts me in the mood live on a goat farm counting down to the rapture with a bunch of badly dressed hippies.

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 1