What makes you a rage?

Zaraphayx

Hello hi!

This is a thread for things that make you a rage.

I saw that we had a thread for things that you hate, it is Approximately 69.42%  minor annoyances that slightly inconvenience the user. That is not what I'm looking for.

I want the stuff that makes you see red, the stuff that coaxes a visceral and often frightening physical reaction from you. The kind of things that make those in your immediate surroundings question your sanity and fear for their personal safety. Being uncomfortable because it's hot outside or seething in silent frustration because your roommates ate your pop tarts does not make one a rage. This is a thread for real problems; like people shitting in your toilet who aren't you, and none of your internet friends wearing belts.

So Phoenix, what makes you a rage?

• Like 2

People who don't know how to use their indicators. People who don't know the correct order at a 4 way stop. People who don't let people merge. Motorcyclists who think they own the road. Big trucks who think they own the road. People who go slow in the fast lane.

Just drivers. God I get so fucking angry when I drive. Everyone is a fucking moron. They should not let me carry a loaded handgun and drive a vehicle.

But they do because AMERICA IS GREAT.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, DevilBear said:

People who don't know how to use their indicators. People who don't know the correct order at a 4 way stop. People who don't let people merge. Motorcyclists who think they own the road. Big trucks who think they own the road. People who go slow in the fast lane.

Just drivers. God I get so fucking angry when I drive. Everyone is a fucking moron. They should not let me carry a loaded handgun and drive a vehicle.

But they do because AMERICA IS GREAT.

This is a good rage topic. Driving also makes me a rage.The casual indifference of others to their surroundings in one of the most statistically relevant contexts for danger makes me want to hug their windpipes with my hands. Anyone who has ever driven with me can attest - I am a rage behind the wheel. However, the rage gives me focus, and I have a completely clean driving record dating back 9 years!

25 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

This thread

Requesting video of you smashing your keyboard to smitheroons as proof.

• Like 2

I will start screaming at people who say something that I can't hear that well (hearing damage in one ear for various reasons) and when I ask them what they said, if they respond with 'its nothing' or some variation I lose all ability for rational thought and start interrogating them about what they said. The only way to get me to not start screeching is to actually tell me what was said. Probably something from when people talked behind my back a lot to plan bully moments on me when I was at school, or something.

Interrupting me or not letting me complete a train of thought during a conversation/debate is also a quick way for my brain to shut off, because its either complete the train of thought or start biting people/things because I can't actually focus on what the other person is saying until I get the words out of my head. It frustrates me to the point that one time me and my roommate actually ended up fighting while he was driving once because of it.

These things are the things that cause me to go in the woods and build campfires because that is a productive and unjailworthy execution of my pyromania-induced-therapy.

Hurray I'ma fucked up fennec, here, have a cute thing to keep the anger from bubbling over while we all growl at each other thinking about things we hate.

• Like 5

Eh, nothin. :c

I haven't raged since I was bullied in 9th grade. I got suspended. As an adult, most of the stuff that makes me upset today is just...frustrations. Any legitimate life issues just cause anxiety and withdrawal from people while I mentally sort out the pressing issue. 

• Like 2

When I'm in a bad mood any inane shit can set me off.

Like the trashcan lid not popping open when I press on it

or the cabinet door not closing when I push it closed

or failing to hit the lightswitch when I'm reaching for it

This usually ends with me calling the inanimate object a fucking faggot cunt and trying again much more forcefully and breaking something which just pisses me off more.

It is a vicious cycle.

• Like 5

I once saw red in the military when we had to either run until we passed out or saw red. I saw red and kept going. 

But things that make me mad? Clothing that does not come off when I want it to. Like it gets stuck on my back or my foot, exc..

People throwing away good food. Holding a door open for someone and a group also walks in the door I am holding open and do not say thank you.

Fire ants, mosquitoes, the color pink, serious people, angry people. Getting clothes wet, rain, prob some other things

• Like 2

I don't tend to get angry, most things just make me sad and withdraw a bit and then I'll just sit quietly and think. 

Which I guess is better than murder?

I mean occasionally I'll be senselessly cynical and overanalyze everything that people do or say and get really pissed, but I never act on it.

Oh. Sometimes when I'm insanely sick and in pain and people try to talk to me casually and won't take the hint I'll snap at them.

• Like 5

People who assume I don't know how to do my job because I'm human and made a simple mistake, or when people tell me how to do my job.

"Don't start an IV in my arm, it hurts too much.  Go in my hand."

"The only vein you have in your hand is the size of a thread.  I could hit the vein in your arm from across the room, throwing the needle like a dart."

"This is why I hate hospitals!  You people never listen to your patient etc"

Then they get mad when I miss the vein in their hand and call me incompetent.  :v

• Like 2

As a general rule, Im not the kind of person who rages...it's not in me to, I physically cant. I withdraw or get sad or curl up, but getting vehemently upset and physically aggressive and loud is something I never do...the exception being if someone is lashing out at me first and I feel cornered and I cry.

That said, few things get me unnatturally angry, like trekkie said Child and animal abuse are my biggest anger triggers, not necessarily to the point of blind rage and "vigilante justice", but I mean, nothing makes me more upset than people who harm those who have probably the least control and awareness of their situation. It triggers a sickness and deep mourning in my head and revulsion in my head.

• Like 3

I'm not really a confrontational person and rarely will become outwardly angry (though I can be bitterly cynical or sarcastic when in a bad mood), but there are some things that anger or sicken me greatly internally.

Like others, child and animal abuse are chief among these, but willful ignorance is after these two probably the biggest category that really angers me. I do not have a problem with people who simply lack knowledge of a subject, but with those who purposely ignore solid facts and figures on a subject in order to hold a ill-founded and groundless opinion really bother me. The worst of these individuals are those who seek to spread their willfully ignorant views to those who are simply ignorant on the subject, using manipulative wording, fallacies, and outright lies to convince those made easy targets by their lack of information. The worst in these groups that I have encountered include Young Earth Creationists (found a pamphlet of theirs recently; it includes almost every fallacy on the list as well as a number of outright lies) and climate change deniers, but I have met those eager to spread their willful ignorance of a wide variety of subjects...

I just can't understand why a person would be willing to sacrifice their logic and reason in order to cling to a view that would crumble if they actually examined it honestly, and find it disgusting when they go out of their way to try to spread these false ideas through manipulative means, usually for political or other ulterior motives.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Not much. 

It's kind of awful how common it is for people to treat each other like garbage.

Nothing really upsets me all that much anymore. 

In regards to this thread, I am sure people are using this as an another thread about their annoyances, right... Right? At least I have (forgive me). Else we'd have some serious anger issues

But yeah, you are right. People are assholes, especially outside of places where they aren't supposed to "act professional" and polite

• Like 1

It doesn't take much to annoy me but it takes a lot to make me rage. There's usually a build-up of minor annoyances until that ONE thing just sets me off. Not my prouder moments. I do have a bit of road rage though I laugh most things off instead of getting angry.

But if there's one thing that instantly sets me off, it's a cocky douchebag who thinks they can do whatever they what, whenever they want, while stepping on as many people as they can. General unkindness pisses me off, especially when there's no reason for it. Last I checked, it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to be a decent human being. And hell to those who are dense enough to believe they have a right to be an asshole. It's one thing to be yourself and have others not agree with your personality, but it's another thing entirely to go out of your way to harm people physically, mentally, and/or emotionally, just because you can.

• Like 1

1. Being ignored.
  2. Youtube/news/Reddit/Imgur/Furaffinity comments.
  3. Doing something that takes a lot of time, only to have someone else fuck it up in a matter of seconds.
  4. Parents that always think they're right and/or refuse to listen.
  5. Memes.
  6. Television: Celebrity news shows, The Big Bang Theory, commercials, etc.
  7. Constantly being killed in video games through super cheap methods.
  8. People who argue that "cheapness" doesn't exist.
  9. My inability to understand what pleases people.
  • Like 1

Centrelink... just centrelink. I'd be a lot less stressed and feel like murdering people if it actually told me what was going on or you know... I could ever call them to inquire since the line is forever busy and takes 2hours for someone to answer. Fun fun fun!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Revates said:

Centrelink... just centrelink. I'd be a lot less stressed and feel like murdering people if it actually told me what was going on or you know... I could ever call them to inquire since the line is forever busy and takes 2hours for someone to answer. Fun fun fun!

Be happy that our Country even has a privilege such as Centrelink to begin with :v

• Like 1

People who make tea incorrectly.

If you are going to already be going to the effort of making a hot drink then why are you doing it wrong!? (especially when you aren't using more instant things like teabags)

Like.... Ok. Have your tea with milk and 5 teaspoons of sugar like a savage, I don't care but.... WHY ARE YOU POURING THE MILK IN WITH THE LEAVES!? Seriously! What kind of monster does that? And really, with the amount of milk and sugar people use can they even taste the tea anymore? WHAT IS THE POINT!?

It makes me just want to like ..... go over there, slap them, make a proper cup of tea AND THEN SCALD THEM WITH IT.

This issue supersedes many other factors and situations such as; "Oh hey that person is kind of cute and I get along with them, but they make tea like an asshole. I can no longer like this person"

• Like 9

So, this is a really weirdly specific one.  But there's a UDF near where we live.  It sits on the side of a four-lane road.  If you're driving away from the freeway, the two lanes on your side of the road alternate between a "Left Turn Only" lane and a "Right Turn Only" lane at two intersections.  This UDF sits right the fuck between them.

The problem is when people, after the first intersection when the left lane becomes the through-traffic lane, they will sit and wait to turn left into the UDF while traffic builds up behind them.  What makes it worse is that everyone in the left lane is trying to go straight through the next intersection, so a backup will occur in a couple minutes as people try to move over into that lane after the first intersection.

Worst of it is that there's a Speedway in a much less inconvenient location just a block down the road in the opposite direction, and three other gas stations at the end of the road just a few more blocks away.

When one person's laziness makes life worse for everyone else, that is what makes me a rage.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 8:30 AM, Liovaire said:

People who make tea incorrectly.

If you are going to already be going to the effort of making a hot drink then why are you doing it wrong!? (especially when you aren't using more instant things like teabags)

Like.... Ok. Have your tea with milk and 5 teaspoons of sugar like a savage, I don't care but.... WHY ARE YOU POURING THE MILK IN WITH THE LEAVES!? Seriously! What kind of monster does that? And really, with the amount of milk and sugar people use can they even taste the tea anymore? WHAT IS THE POINT!?

It makes me just want to like ..... go over there, slap them, make a proper cup of tea AND THEN SCALD THEM WITH IT.

This issue supersedes many other factors and situations such as; "Oh hey that person is kind of cute and I get along with them, but they make tea like an asshole. I can no longer like this person"

I've asked how to properly make to before and I was told to boil leaves. :P

• Like 1

People who are too lazy to lift up the toilet seat in public bathrooms and wind up peeing on the toilet seat and leaving it like that.

People who try to justify prison sentences that are like 30+ years long

People who walk inside public places wearing music speakers playing music loud for everyone to hear and not turning them off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

People who are too lazy to lift up the toilet seat in public bathrooms and wind up peeing on the toilet seat and leaving it like that.

People who try to justify prison sentences that are like 30+ years long

People who walk inside public places wearing music speakers playing music loud for everyone to hear and not turning them off.

LOL ewwww

1. People who shouldn't have pets, either because they don't know shit about animals or can't really afford to properly care for said animal, but get them anyway because they're cute. You aren't doing the animal any favors, the animal is not a toy you can just bring home on a whim.

2. People who don't have money, are barely able to care for themselves but keep bringing children into the world then consistently fail at being parents to those children. 

3. When I see someone offer a genuine plea for help or compassion or maybe just a friendly listener but they get told some version of "your problem isn't as bad as mine so you have no right to ever express fear, sadness or anxiety". This is one I see on forums all the time, and I can't even say I'm not guilty of being totally insensitive to some people's complaints but I can't stand seeing people be outright dicks to someone who legitimately feels bad about things going on in their life. If you absolutely can't sympathize with the person's issue, just don't say anything, stay out of it. You have no obligation whatsoever to participate in a conversation 

4. People constantly acting like gender = gender roles. Being a boy in a dress does not make you transgender, it just makes you a boy in a dress. If we eliminated all gender specific clothing, roles and stigmas there would still be transgender people because dysphoria is a real thing and it's biological, not social!

• Like 2