General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

AHAHAHAHA.

So some idiot on a FB fur group paid $300 or so for a "fursuit" he saw online... it was actually a knockoff fursuit from China. So, likely utter shit.

I mean, I feel sorry for someone who blows that much money, that's a lot of dough to just throw away. But it will be a costly lesson, if it's cheap there's probably a reason it's cheap. And if it's from china it's probably shit, because those commies can't make anything good (except maybe iphones but those still suck).

But when I was bluntly honest to him, that he got what he paid for, it's an important lesson, and he should just burn it with fire, the FB group's mod deleted my post and PMed me not to be mean to people.

I'm not being mean. I'm being honest. Sorry the guy has to learn about reality the hard way. He's probably like 16 or something and doesn't know shit about the real world. Sucks to lose $300 but hey, be careful with your money. That group is such a damn hugbox I swear.

Edit:

The person bought it from DHgate, i think.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I'm watching the presidential debate and I wanna see Donald Trump and Vladmir Putin make out, they've clearly done it in private

I hope they get married so that Russia and the US combine to form one country.

I always wanted two dads. 

They'll teach me manly things. Trump is going to teach me how to do my taxes and Putin is supposed to take me hunting next week. He even said I can execute an enemy of the state if I get good grades this semester.

Aunt Hillary is gonna teach me about cyber security.

• Like 3

I have arrived back on the east coast after my expedition to the West, greeted by the rains I so missed the second I stepped out of the terminal....

Overall, I enjoyed California a lot more than I thought I would. I met a lot of family I only vaguely knew I had, who turned out to be very kind and interesting people, while the state and it's attractions were more to my liking than I expected them to be. From what little I experienced of it, California seemed like an incredibly diverse and incredibly contradictory place, with the culture both very similar and very different to that which I am used to in NJ.

I doubt I would ever want to live there, but I certainly want to visit again for more than the four days I had.

• Like 3

Hmm. Rocky Horror Remake is tonight.

First thought when I heard about this was "They're doing a remake of RHPS? That is one thing that should NEVER be remade. Hey Hollywood, stop fucking remaking shit you greedy Jews!"

But, it may be okay. My fear is that it's being broadcast primetime on Fox, thus will be watered down and not as naughty. Think of a family-friendly Rocky Horror and you'll get what this will probably be. Eh. I don't need that shit.

But the local theaters are revving up their interactive RHPS showings. I haven't been to one of those since my high school days, seriously. Will have to go.

8 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Hmm. Rocky Horror Remake is tonight.

First thought when I heard about this was "They're doing a remake of RHPS? That is one thing that should NEVER be remade. Hey Hollywood, stop fucking remaking shit you greedy Jews!"

But, it may be okay. My fear is that it's being broadcast primetime on Fox, thus will be watered down and not as naughty. Think of a family-friendly Rocky Horror and you'll get what this will probably be. Eh. I don't need that shit.

But the local theaters are revving up their interactive RHPS showings. I haven't been to one of those since my high school days, seriously. Will have to go.

Cast list is all I need to know that it's going to suck. Nobody can beat Tim Curry as Frank-N-Furter.

I just bought an adult-sized kick scooter for getting around at work. It should also come in handy downtown. Although I love my bike, loading it in the car every morning and leaving in my cubicle isn't practical. I've also tried rollerblading and skateboarding, but neither of those options have worked out well for me on campus. The scooter, however, folds and fits under my desk and can be carried inside to meetings etc. Why walk when you can scoot?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mayonnaise said:

I am so glad that the backlash against the hotdog issue hit JAKIM (a religious department governing muslim stuff) so hard they have to step back and cover their tracks.

Love of food will unite us all against idiocy <3

Granted I have no idea why a hot dog is called that, but still.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Someone mentions a furry may have committed suicide and tries to reach out, another says "you never knew that person personally, so why care?"

And I'm just sitting here like:

Seriously-Computer-Guy-Reaction-Gif.gif

Be as murry purry as you want, but dont you dare show any real compassion or sympathy.

2 hours ago, george99g said:

Half the internet kinda died today.

That was fun.

I may or may not be keeping some local records of common IPs from now on...

Someone attacked one of the major DNS services.
http://gizmodo.com/todays-brutal-ddos-attack-is-the-beginning-of-a-bleak-f-178807197

The websites were still there, just they couldn't be reached by their text addresses. If you knew their IP addresses, you'd be fine.

Kinda makes me worry about the future of the internet. Security was seriously just put by the wayside in the most lazy way possible. "Oh, we'll worry about it later" or "It's not a big deal."

17 hours ago, Mayonnaise said:

I am so glad that the backlash against the hotdog issue hit JAKIM (a religious department governing muslim stuff) so hard they have to step back and cover their tracks.

I forgot where you live. Also, what was the backlash? I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that hotdogs often contain pork.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

Just ordered a pair of bone-conduction headphones. My audiologist would put those on me whenever I had a hearing test, so if I had a pair for myself it could work out pretty great in my own funtime.

Is that one of those headphones you put on your ears instead of the ears?

• Vae pinned this topic