Stupid Shit you Liked as a Kid

Brazen

Am I the only one that found the talking cars clever? :C I dunno, I just feel like when you look at real cars you can already see it has a 'face' so animating a movie with cars is taking it to the next level by personifying an inanimate object. (First was okay, Sequels sucked though)

I liked Jump 5 when I was really really young. Bleh.

Cant think of much else, most things i still like and am a huge dork about

(Homestuck was great u pleb!1!1!)

• Jar Jar Binks
  • Jeans with huge rips at the knees.
  • The Thunderbirds live action movie.
  • Thomas and the Magic Railroad. Seriously what is this shit. The original series was p great though
  • Spy Kids 3D

I'm still only 17 so there'll probably be a few things I like right now which I'll consider stupid shit in a few years.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:
  • Jar Jar Binks
  • Jeans with huge rips at the knees.
  • The Thunderbirds live action movie.
  • Thomas and the Magic Railroad. Seriously what is this shit. The original series was p great though
  • Spy Kids 3D

I'm still only 17 so there'll probably be a few things I like right now which I'll consider stupid shit in a few years.

Oh man, the one thing I wanted to say was Jar Jar. When that movie came out I was crazy about Jar Jar, I had one of those stupid cups with the character busts on them and I played with it all the time. He annoys the shit out of me now.

45 minutes ago, MagnusGear said:

Oh man, the one thing I wanted to say was Jar Jar. When that movie came out I was crazy about Jar Jar, I had one of those stupid cups with the character busts on them and I played with it all the time. He annoys the shit out of me now.

Truth be told, I never met a single person growing up that didn't like Jar-Jar. I'm pretty indifferent to him now, but still don't quite understood the major hate. 

I think the reason the outcry against Phantom Menace was so loud was cuz all the fans of the original trilogy were grown up now and had matured and wanted more serious fare. I'm starting to think Lucas was maybe aiming at a younger audience. All i know for sure is that I saw it when I was 4--my first time ever in a theatre, and my first Star Wars ever-- and I loved it. I've been a space/sci-fi junkie ever since. 

Now Attack of the Clones, THAT sucked balls.

• Like 1

and the only thing i can think of right now... out of all the damn things it has to be legend of the titanic. for some obnoxious reason i loved this piece of trash so much as a kid that i had it on cassete. happily i forgot bout it somehow... well... until it was on FREtv. and now it haunts me again.

thanks dev. really. i am so glad that you made me remember this beautiful piece of... whatever it is. :I

18 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Oh man I was a fuckin loser. 

- Naruto

Twilight

- Anime in general. Irl otaku if you will. 

- hot topic edgy

It was difficult.

I was super into hot topic tier shit too. I took my foster dad to a hot topic once and he got uncomfortable with all the "homosexual propaganda" and didn't want me to go in there any more. 

1 minute ago, Brazen said:

I was super into hot topic tier shit too. I took my foster dad to a hot topic once and he got uncomfortable with all the "homosexual propaganda" and didn't want me to go in there any more. 

Mom got fed up and said "while you're in your gloomy club shop I'll be at sephora" and would leave me there. :u

6 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Mom got fed up and said "while you're in your gloomy club shop I'll be at sephora" and would leave me there. :u

I'm happy they never did that to me. Tbh without my parent's hate for everything I do I would have never got into punk or street culture. 

9 hours ago, Vae said:
  • oversized band shirts
  • Disturbed
  • Linkin Park
  • Inuyasha

I have not grown out of those things (though Inuyasha isn't a good and I'll freely admit that)

Uh, mostly book stuff really. I have a shitload of Warcraft and Alien and other bad fantasy/scifi novels on my shelf that i need to get rid of. All terrible.

Oh, and rap music! Loved it when I was a kid but not so much now.

Edit: and turn-based RPGs. Those bore me now.

Edited by Conker

I loved Barney for waaay too long. I think I got the first movie...so that was like 98'? Well, I guess I wasn't that old, but I must have embarrassed my mom, haha. She did NOT want to buy it for me;;;she was telling me to stop liking Barney the whole time we were in the Walmart. 

• Like 1