What does your forum name mean?

FlynnCoyote

I used to use other names, got tired of them, went with arcana.

I was actually going to register under the name "Pandora's fox" because lol puns, but one of my friends referred to me as 'arcana' in another thread before I registered, so I decided to just roll with it. I stopped using this name since some people associate it with Dota, which I don't play.

It means nothing. It's just my own name with extra X's added for extra sexiness, and a random word added on the end that was the first thing I came up with that sounded okay.

The first place I used it was AFF. I was deliberately trying to change usernames and I was sat there for a while just thinking of words to go on the end of the name.

The hyphen is a deliberate feature though. Some places will only let you use an underscore and that suuuucks.

6 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

It means nothing. It's just my own name with extra X's added for extra sexiness, and a random word added on the end that was the first thing I came up with that sounded okay.

To be honest, I'd always wondered why you put 'Returns' on the end

Once upon a time you were Alexxx-Lupo or something like that, right?

Jeko is my fursona's name. It means "Gekkonidae" in some language, and Gekkonidae is a family of geckos. Unintentional but I went with it. D is read as "the". D is a reference to my favourite series One Piece and Dd is a reference to a certain polish site *cough cough*. And no, D doesn't stand for dick. The dragon part is self explanatory. 

My name means... Nothing. It literally has no meaning

4 hours ago, Clove Darkwave said:

It's a goth joke.

Can I hear it pretty please with cherry on top?

33 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Then you must give it meaning. Tread this path carefully.

Shieeet no pressure when you put it that way haha

I can tell you how it originated if you want. It stemmed from two things: my interest for the arab world (''The 1000 And One Nights'' type) and the stuff I was studying at the time, namely the digestive tract and more precisely this lil' enzime called amylase which in italian translates to amilasi. As a worldbuilder I wanna give my characters original names so I took inspiration from this amilasi thing to call one of my dudes Amiil. I liked it, it had that arabian feel to it and it eventually evolved into Amiir. I later stole this name for some reason and used it as my personal nick instead, and it stuck: it's simple and unique which in turn makes me easily identifiable. 

And everyone lived happily forever after. THE END

Even before furfagdom I always loved wolves. I was always wolf-something on the internet

I went through variations like WolfPup, Wolfpaw, Wolfheart,WolfFang (yes this is starting to sound like a warrior cat fan name but I wasnt even reading those at the time)

All of those sounded dumb so come deviantart and I eventually stuck with WolfNight, plus the added 4 characters to make my WolfNight stand out from other WolfNights: V for my name, 4 for my favorite number, X because it makes a good random username character (and I was used to adding X's in the past to usernames in case it was taken, 1 because 1 is best)

I used to go by others such as estivalevaire, triplehybrid, and Lupa the SheWolf/SheWolf. Most arent applicable anymore for various reasons.

Anyways this username checks out because I eventually added meaning to the "Night" half of it, realizing that I really did like Nighttime/darkness as a time of day. I find it comforting and soothing, actually

2 hours ago, Amiir said:

Shieeet no pressure when you put it that way haha

I can tell you how it originated if you want. It stemmed from two things: my interest for the arab world (''The 1000 And One Nights'' type) and the stuff I was studying at the time, namely the digestive tract and more precisely this lil' enzime called amylase which in italian translates to amilasi. As a worldbuilder I wanna give my characters original names so I took inspiration from this amilasi thing to call one of my dudes Amiil. I liked it, it had that arabian feel to it and it eventually evolved into Amiir. I later stole this name for some reason and used it as my personal nick instead, and it stuck: it's simple and unique which in turn makes me easily identifiable. 

And everyone lived happily forever after. THE END

I've read things where people are named Amiir, but only with one i.

2 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

The meaning of my name is so deep you'll be puking rainbows

LEWD

It's a weird not-so-funny story.

The tl;dr version of it is I used to jokingly call an old friend of mine a blueberry muffin of fun, eventually I shortened it to simply "muffinoffun" and inverted it to simply "Pastryofapathy".

Also I wanted a name to keep furry shit under so I could plausibly deny it if anyone ever thought I was a furry. Now I don't really give a rat's ass (hurr de durr geddit).

• Like 5

I was at a friend's house when I was really young and I had just gotten a laptop. He had the game Spore and I thought it was really cool and constantly went to his house to play it. One day, I brought my laptop and decided that I would get the free version of the game and make an account. My friend assisted me, and when I needed to come up with a name, I had no idea what to put. My friend was eating chili at the time, so I used that. But I wanted to sound tough and cool, so I added "battle" to the name. Hence Battlechili.

At least I think that's how it happened.

• Like 3