Snow Spotting!

DrGravitas

27 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

I hope it doesn't snow here.

"Here" being Texas.

We handle snow about as well as you northerners handle our 105F summer days.

I've lived in both! 8D

I am weatherproof >8|

A couple pics from a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park a few years back.

20140523_110005.jpg

20140523_121741_Richtone(HDR).jpg

We also did some driving around there:

20140524_104439_Richtone(HDR).jpg

(We saw this guy first at the base of the mountain. He biked up the whole thing and looked like he was 60 o.0)

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

20140524_104439_Richtone(HDR).jpg

(We saw this guy first at the base of the mountain. He biked up the whole thing and looked like he was 60 o.0)

Holy shit, look at the size of that snow bank. The snow plow driver must have had a huge pile of snow to displace

• Like 1

Ahh I love the snow. I used to and still try to go snow skiing out in Colorado and California. Mostly around Beaver Creek or Lake Tahoe. Here in Georgia we never get snow. And if we get even more than an inch (three specifically) this is what happens (see picture below). Atlanta quite literally shut down. We had cars that caught on fire because people abandoned them on the road. It was like the fucking apocalypse had descended upon us. I was up at my previous college in Rome Georgia. We got 6 inches and school was shut down for 4 days.  

140129_burns_atlanta_ap.jpg

• Like 1

I CAME INTO THIS THREAD BECAUSE DR GRAVY TOLD ME TO. BUT I WANTED TO SAY I SAW SNOW FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEK AND IT'S AMAZING. I threw snowballs at @evan and it was great. Unfortunately the only picture I snapped was us hugging in the snow which I'm probs gonna just post in the mugshots and selfies thread. If it snows again I will post pics!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, U-235 said:

The only problem I could think of is y'all northerners getting de-sensitized to the magic and wonders of snow. Or is that just a false assumption on my part? I'm not sure.

A fellow on my opposite shift rolled his truck on the way to work today, and I rolled up on two accidents right after they happened today. One was a three car pileup, and the other was a semi that ran a car right into the guard rail on a bridge.

1 minute ago, Wrecker said:

A fellow on my opposite shift rolled his truck on the way to work today, and I rolled up on two accidents right after they happened today. One was a three car pileup, and the other was a semi that ran a car right into the guard rail on a bridge.

I'll take that as a yes.

Just had our first snowfall that stayed on the ground, at least overnight. And we weren't even supposed to get any snow.

Spinning tires while accelerating. Sliding past the places I was trying to stop, abs clicking. And some semi-controlled drifting fishtailing.

This is pretty much video of my driving:

And that's Montreal. You would think those french-speaking canadian fucks would know how to treat their roads to keep that from happening but I guess not.

And then there was this 53-vehicle pileup on the highway between Detroit and Lansing.... great.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/12/08/multi-car-crash-closes-west-near-lansing/95138712/

And now we're supposed to get that named snowstorm on Sunday. 5" during the morning. Then another wallop of unknown proportion in the evening. Then more snow a week from now.

Fuck mother nature wants to rape me raw.

1 minute ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

[Beautiful pics]

I can't upload the rest.... apparently. A box with no text and an ok button just appears.

It's probably the box that tells you that you can only upload 10 MB per post. Refresh the page and you'll be able to post again now.

39 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Single digits last night.

It's supposed to be in the negatives next week at night.

And we're supposed to get snow on Sat morning. They first said 3-5 inches, now 5-8 inches. Eghhhh

Sounds fun! I'll be up in Traverse City, Michigan, for a week, this Christmas.

You need a team of Malamutes, there, Mr. Lee!

Nothing like having your welding instructor sending everyone home in the middle of a fucking snowstorm. The roads were absolute shit, to the point where driving above 25 mph put you at risk of sliding into something.

It is still snowing heavily 2 hours later though, so I think he made a pretty good call.