The Mugshots and Selfie Thread 2.0

Joshi

347 days ago I stepped into the boots of a soldier for the first time. The higher ups they thought I was an able guy during boot camp and sent me to squad leader training, where I proved the qualities needed to lead a larger group, and so I got sent out to the reserve officer school graduated there and got a team of my own to lead. There were lots of shitty days, nights without sleep in the snowy and freezing lapland, but also good days. The team spirit and comradeship was real and I've made lots of contacts during my time. While I wouldn't go back from the start now, I wouldn't trade a single day out. You learn so much of yourself and how far you can go.

Today, I finished my route and got my last promotion before sent to reserve to wait for a (hopefully never to come) call to arms. That is to say, my mandatory army training's all done. Climbed as high as I could, got alright scores too.

Second Lieutenant Coffeecup, over n' out.

3df3d56de3.jpg

It's not the most flattering picture there is, but the rest where I have the rank insignia on my chest has other folk in them.

Be afraid, I now have the time to pester people on the forums a whole lot more.

Edited by Sarcastic Coffeecup
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Ginpanther said:

For people who want to amuse/terrify themselves, here I was in April of 2013 with beard that had gone for a little while without being trimmed. It was due to a thing. It was a dumb thing (most of them are) but whatever.

20130421_195222.thumb.jpg.440104c3a1bcae

Not gonna lie, this picture makes you look like the kind of person who murders kids in his van to make like a skin suit or something.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ginpanther said:

For people who want to amuse/terrify themselves, here I was in April of 2013 with beard that had gone for a little while without being trimmed. It was due to a thing. It was a dumb thing (most of them are) but whatever.

20130421_195222.thumb.jpg.440104c3a1bcae

Ginpappy! Needs lars in the photo though... :v

Edited by Revates

@evan in the nicest way possible: you are looking gorgeous.

@Rassah: dig the suit, dude!

@Sidewalk Surfboard: I love Mario shirts! I wish I had more of them, myself.

@Sarcastic Coffeecup: Super proud of you! You were doing something out there that I don't think I would be capable of. My father was a soldier; I know it's not easy.

Anyways, I don't want to fill up a giant post with all my flattery. This whole forum's filled with cuties <3

OuCrjUW.jpg

• Like 9

Just FYI, if anyone here, or reading here, thinks they look bad, dorky, or have bad self image, remember, you can still change, and it may not take that much. All hope is NOT lost for any of you. This is my before and after, with just 4 years between (the old one was what I looked like throughout highschool and first year of college)

WArhKS9.jpg

13 hours ago, Eggdodger said:

Anyways, I don't want to fill up a giant post with all my flattery. This whole forum's filled with cuties <3

egg give me your eyes pls

also just took this for somewhere else so I might as well post it in here, even tho I look exactly the same as the other one

fucking_faggot_holy_shit.thumb.jpeg.ca0a

• Like 11