Does your fursona represent you as is or an idealized you?

Vallium

i know a lot of people give their fursona things like the same hair, same build.

but I guess some people (like me) change it to represent how they'd want to see themselves.

originally I had my fursona as I am, but I often made changes in his appearance so I can strive to become an idealized sense of self rather than what I am now.

maybe weird, but hey, anyone else get this?

Kaizy used to be a pretty good interpretation of me emotionally, and still kind of is, and had some similarities in appearance. Though my personality has changed over the past couple years and I'm becoming less of an emotionally-detatched bitch, so she doesn't fit me as well anymore.

My "fursona" is an orphaned Zoroastrian Syrian Kurd born in 2037 who becomes an ancient alien dragon and is the Messiah. I don't think that represents me very well. More of a science fiction protagonist. Yes I have read Dune, why do you ask?

FOR HE IS THE KWISATZ HADERACH!

A real fursona would probably be my floofy glacier dragon wyvern character, which is an artistic liberty suit that'll be coming to me later this year. He'll be all the metallic D&D dragon tropes. 

Edited by Calemeyr

A bit of both, I suppose. The non-canon version is pretty much me and acts as an online representation. The canon version, who is a featured character in my world building / writing projects, was forcibly conscripted into military service and is involved in the same planetary-level genocide her own homeworld was subjected to. Physically, she has some of my ideal features - namely the lack of a bust. After all, her (impressive) rack is on her head, and not her chest. 

Actually, I'm gonna expand on this.

I love the colours I chose for clothing. I love the dirty ragged theme. I love it when furry characters grin dramatically with their teeth. I love imagining the sort of out-there things my character might say and do.

What I'm saying is, he is a projection of what I love. That's why I like him.

I remember once exploring the idea that, accidentally, my sona is myself exaggerated to an extreme.

Being an extrovert. Getting engrossed in work. Wearing clothes which are smart, but colourful and kind of different. Not being afraid to voice myself if necessary.

I kind of noticed a trend. Most people, accidentally or intentionally, do one of the following:

-Make it a copy of themselves.

-Make it opposite to themselves.

-Give it features they want to possess, usually by exaggerating existing features they already have.

I think I'm the third. 

• Like 1

The character I created, has my personality traits, views and values. 

I'm still trying to work out a back story or some kind of lore that is somewhat similar to mine, but very dramatized, over the top. So It can fit the ideal body figure I can achieve (I need to work out more lol). I like sci-fi so it fits in well with some amount to realism. 

The full sized image of my fursona has about twenty or so pounds on me. Kellan might look fit but that's his heavy draft horse heritage coming through. The Old Warhorse really needs to go on a diet so no, he is not an idealized version of me in RL.

As an aside, his mane is also turning gray, just like mine.

Kellan ^_^

The full sized image of my fursona has about twenty or so pounds on me. Kellan might look fit but that's his heavy draft horse heritage coming through. The Old Warhorse really needs to go on a diet so no, he is not an idealized version of me in RL.

As an aside, his mane is also turning gray, just like mine.

Kellan ^_^

is he based off of Kellen KnightMage from the Obsidian Trilogy? 

Personally it's pretty much just me in fluffy form, same personality, generally same physical attributes but the eye color is different 'cause I can't stand to not have blue eyes on my character >.>;

Interests and talents and the like are the same though.

My fursona is basically "Me +2 Years (multiplied by fennec, but anyway)". So it's SOMEWHAT idealized, but it's not so unrealistically idealized that I couldn't be him in two years. I purposefully never mention things about his actual life itself (i.e. employment, living situation) because those are things that I can't really predict. Its his emotional and physical state that I've designed. He's a little more level headed (i.e. not an anxious wreck), and physically healthy and with a build I want and could achieve by the time I turn 22.

is he based off of Kellen KnightMage from the Obsidian Trilogy? 

No, Kel is a bipedal horse morph from a universe that I share and write in with a few other folks. He might be a bit taller than me at some six feet even but his two-hundred-twenty pound weight makes him have a bit of a paunch. He is a retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant in his world.

I have a few fursonas but Chinona is my main and she really does represent me she changes in weight occassionally and she does have almost all of me personality traits.

Squeaky my secondary is based off a stuff toy and is all love and hugs and perfection and stuff (like kids have beaten me up in suit and gotten hugged in the end)  He is weird and lacks the dark and cynical jerkness that makes up me.

Well this one is easy... I don't recall riding down bombs to my own doom, so let's say he's an idealized me?

We do share a lot of traits, the main one being that Kooky is a slu... a fox, just like i am a fo... a slut. Also fun fact: if I wear a leather jacket it's thanks to my fursona. One day I drew him with a perfecto leather jacket on, and I thought to myself that f it suited him so well, it would sure be the same for me. Best decision ever ^^

My sona is everything I am and want to be at the same time. I had to explain that to someone who thought she was just a character. Considering he was supposed to be a close friend, and my mom could tell anyone that Skitzo is my sona, but only knows her as "The Blue Fox Thing" it was pretty upsetting.

I actually think my subconscious was at work when I developed Skitzo over the years. Her cheek fluff is oddly similar to the hairs that drape at the back of my neck. It made me really laugh when I looked up one day in the mirror and could practically see her standing there.

Yep. Amiir is basically me with all his pros and cons. Same body build, same personality and even same facial features. Well, more or less, his facial features are inspired by my IRL ones: nose shape, nose-forehead ''bridge'', eyebrows thickness, eye color, eyebags, hairline, chin length and width, jawbone shape and pale skin color. He even has no fur (except for hair and sometimes ''the bush''), skin only, so technically he'd be a skinsona haha

What Vaer said also applies to my persona. Other than that, I has a lotta money too because why the fuck not

Edited by Guest

I'd say my primary, Dr. Van Aarden, is more of an idealized/best self, since he represents the kind of therapist, role model, and researcher that I aspire to be, but only truly manage to be once in a while.

My secondary fursona or deutersona, Nyx, is probably closer to my actual self, albeit a bit cooler.

ZandNtogether.JPG

Edited by Troj