Desktop Thread

Sar

Let's post our desktops and rate each others. Feel free to help post your ricing and any configs that you want.

My work setup is Manjaro Linux and uses a hybrid of Xfce4/AwesomeWM in order to keep it lightweight whilst not destroying the wacom driver. I have two taskbars to handle workspaces, current song playing (MPD) and statuses at a glance. My Development laptop uses i3.

jTJNGNul.png

Firefox follows a similar dark theme:

djdvdPUl.png

Terminals handle music, files and task manager.

Finally, Krita for my artwork.

Feel free to post your desktops and ask questions about ricing!

• Like 1

I only really use Rainmeter. I'm working on customising my desktop a little more, I'm going to combine this current skin (NXT-OS) with the Enigma skin, see if I can work out a really nice flow with them.

I would change my taskbar to be more like the OSX taskbar but that's one of the things I dislike about that OS - but then again, I don't like the way the Windows taskbar looks either. It's too chunky and intrusive, I'm gonna try and figure something out.

64808cc6b9.jpg

90e89826c9.jpg

zpw6Zwr.png

I've got an old-ish LCD tv (the bigger desktop) which actually works surprisingly well as a second monitor. I've also got a theme I made up on Windows 8 which cycles through a few other space-related photos but for some reason Windows 10 doesn't let you create or edit themes yourself, which is a bit crap because I've seen a few more photos I wanted to add to it. :\

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

My older main PC:

Screenshot-22.thumb.png.62cc700b97a385cc

The dockapps are nautilus, asclock, wmmail, wmdrawer, wmweather+, wmsun, wmmoonclock, xchat, firefox, gnome-dictionary (though I may change it later), wmload, and docker holding stalonetray.  The clip apps are virtualbox, amaya, and wmxmms2.  Running in the background below Firefox is TTYtter in two terminal windows; the AD one is blocked from view.

Whenever i use Linux, I keep tending to drift back to Window Maker no matter what window manager or desktop environment I try.

• Like 1

I need a new background, some of these make me jelly >_>

Gaze upon my triple screen master race. Not in eyefinity cause working... Yes, most of those are wav files <_<Desktop.thumb.png.566fadf507e50f08233e9dEdit:

Alright I fixed it, but now I want to play through Mass Effect again xD

Desktop1_zpsfj3zlrrt.png

Desktop4_zpss0setwyz.png

Edited by Zettabit
  • Like 2

Had a makeover in order to keep muh aesthetics in check with a Marshmallow-Inspired design. Colours have been made much more pleasing and I gave the top and bottom wi-boxes with a faux-transparency draw. Wallpaper is stock on the phone iirc.

16yJ1ef.png

• Like 3

• Vae pinned this topic