Replace Likes with Licks

Fossa

I think we need to change the like button and the likes feature to licks.

Every boring old site in the universe has likes nowadays, and we are special. We are furries.

And how does a furry show they like something? Well, they lick it.

And so, I say we rid ourselves of these déclassé likes, and replace them with licks.  Then, we can see who gets the most licks, and who likes to lick. 

I know some 'fursonas' might not have a tongue to lick with, but we will just pretend, do not worry.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

it's like this forum forgot that we make fun of murry purry furries and half of the forums became them. 

To become the things that we hated.. fate is unkind. 

And nothing of value was lost :Y

...or gained really, but that's besides the point XP

• Like 1

Well, afraid of a few licks, I see! It is fun, though, to see everyone react like they do...I knew right away a lotta furs would be, like, "Oh, gross! That Fossa must stop!", so I had to suggest the idea, 'cause we need to embrace licking more proudly, and not feel so funny about it. Or about furry stereotypes in general. 

Furries, prepare your tongues! (if any)

The era of licks will come, it has been foreseen by the elders, the chosen ones, Jesus, and also, me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Well, afraid of a few licks, I see! It is fun, though, to see everyone react like they do...I knew right away a lotta furs would be, like, "Oh, gross! That Fossa must stop!", so I had to suggest the idea, 'cause we need to embrace licking more proudly, and not feel so funny about it. Or about furry stereotypes in general. 

Furries, prepare your tongues! (if any)

The era of licks will come, it has been foreseen by the elders, the chosen ones, Jesus, and also, me.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

How many licks does it take to figure out that this is a shitty idea? The world may never know.

I'm not sure if Fossa is trolling with this or being 100% serious and I am scared.

Fossa is just being Fossa! Fossa does not understand this word, 'troll', not in Fossa language. Do not be scared. Fossa will protect you from too many licks.

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I'm okay with licks. 

Now there's a wise fish! Licks, likes, same deal, all in all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

tbh I don't know what else you can really expect when you throw a bunch of young, horny, gay virgins into a forum and say go nuts

Being naive, I was hoping for at least a little bit of social nuance and tact. It's just one constant barrage of people shamelessly releasing all of this lascivious sexual excess.

I mean, I've made made some sexual posts, but they're always meant to be humorous or ironic.

It's so weird to see a carousel of socially inept people spin around and blare their sexuality. It's not limited to gay guys either. It's pretty cringey seeing how some straight guys here will literally cling on to a female user's every post and pepper them with awkward compliments. As if some normal girl is going to get all hot and bothered by a milquetoast neck beard stammering out ham-fisted spergisms.

Spay and neuter your pets, folks.

How do I even furry?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Hux said:

It's pretty cringey seeing how some straight guys here will literally cling on to a female user's every post and pepper them with awkward compliments.

I wish some people would fucking cut this shit out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hux said:

It's pretty cringey seeing how some straight guys here will literally cling on to a female user's every post and pepper them with awkward compliments.

HAHHAAHAHAHAHAAA.

Yeah. Yeah it is. But this is the internet. My advice? Just sit back and enjoy the ride, baby.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

I wish some people would fucking cut this shit out. 

There's no way you could be referring to me...

9 minutes ago, DevilBear said:

HAHHAAHAHAHAHAAA.

Yeah. Yeah it is. But this is the internet. My advice? Just sit back and enjoy the ride, baby.

There's a reason why 90% of my comments are shitposts.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Falaffel said:

it's like this forum forgot that we make fun of murry purry furries and half of the forums became them. 

To become the things that we hated.. fate is unkind. 

"Those who do not die as a hero will live long enough to see themselves become a type of person they fought against: A villain"

1 hour ago, DevilBear said:

businessman-holding-gun-to-his-head-whil

This sums up my thoughts on the proposal. Thank you.

Just take a sawn off to be absolutely sure. You won't do shit with such a Derringer 

1 hour ago, Hux said:

It's so weird to see a carousel of socially inept people spin around and blare their sexuality. It's not limited to gay guys either. It's pretty cringey seeing how some straight guys here will literally cling on to a female user's every post and pepper them with awkward compliments.

I know exactly what you're referring to and it also drives me bonkers. This is why the fandom doesn't have any girls, guys x.x

• Like 2

I feel like an outlierfor supporting this decision but it amuses me in how decidedly furry it is...I have decended too far down the rabbit hole of furrydom and there is indeed far too many licks

12 hours ago, Hux said:

I'm getting so sick of this hypersexualized furry shit.

Oh this? Good sir, there is far worse out there if you immediately determined fossa's suggestion to be of sexual persuasion. To my mind licks can be more than sexual, alas, they are merely retarded manimal shows of affection is all, as that which they would imitate a dog's enthusiasm in the most retarded human way, 'tis only of a sex if you let it be sex

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Oh this? Good sir, there is far worse out there if you immediately determined fossa's suggestion to be of sexual persuasion. To my mind licks can be more than sexual, alas, they are merely retarded manimal shows of affection is all, as that which they would imitate a dog's enthusiasm in the most retarded human way, 'tis only of a sex if you let it be sex

context doesnt real

8 hours ago, MuttButt said:

I know exactly what you're referring to and it also drives me bonkers. This is why the fandom doesn't have any girls, guys x.x

Girls?  Girls??!! But they have cooties! All the better to keep them away.

The only way I can find to make this happen is to add a custom localization.  Basically, change the language of every word not directly in a post.  Think about this for a moment.  It will give some of you sweet dreams and some of you nightmares.  I have to admit I'm not sure which it would give me.  At any rate, it's not a trivial thing to do.

• Like 1

• Guest locked this topic