Are you really an animal?

Elektranine

Your spirit being your fursona? Your fursona is a fictional creation, so while yes you could model aspects of you into it... It's not you. In the end it's a creation.

I really don't feel like giving you the time of day, to be honest, but yes I'm a therian and not the crazy new agers that seem to be everywhere.

I think a person's spirit (as in, their essence down to their most basic personality traits) can line up with a certain animal to such a degree that they empathize it on a sub-conscious level, but I'm no therian myself. I won't knock anyone for it, though. I mean, I like animals, heh.

• Like 1

Only if you're a duck.Dijon just aims his cloaca at you and sperm shoots out and it's over. Shortest and most unfun sex ever.

I was about to say... Isn't the "corkscrew" just a duck thing? I thought Dijon said he was a cockatoo...Which, ironically, lack the first half of their names if you know what I mean. :v

Why are we even discussing this

ANYWAYS, on-topic... No, I don't think I'm a non-human animal. I used to pretend to be animals when I was a little kid, but that was it.
If my spirit was my fursona, I'd be an abomination.

• Like 1

I'm an atheist materialist, so I don't believe in ghosts, souls, and spirits.

While I believe, for example, that being trans has a solid biological basis, I believe people who believe they're a dragon or a fox are more using that as a metaphor to describe certain sensations or experiences that they've had. Do I believe these sensations or experiences mean that a person "really is" a fox or a dragon? No. Do I generally respect people's right to use those metaphors to describe themselves and their experience? Sure.

I've often felt different and/or alienated from other people since a very young age, and as a kid, I was quite insistent about being an alien from another planet. So, I do often feel "non-human" in some respect, even though I intellectually know that I am, yes, actually a homo sapiens sapiens.

• Like 2

I'm an atheist materialist, so I don't believe in ghosts, souls, and spirits.

While I believe, for example, that being trans has a solid biological basis, I believe people who believe they're a dragon or a fox are more using that as a metaphor to describe certain sensations or experiences that they've had. Do I believe these sensations or experiences mean that a person "really is" a fox or a dragon? No. Do I generally respect people's right to use those metaphors to describe themselves and their experience? Sure.

I've often felt different and/or alienated from other people since a very young age, and as a kid, I was quite insistent about being an alien from another planet. So, I do often feel "non-human" in some respect, even though I intellectually know that I am, yes, actually a homo sapiens sapiens.

i respect those believes even though they conflict my own (agnostic with a base of reincarnation and christianity here) and find them reasonable. i also think you worded them very well.
the way you described this gave me insight in these matters for which I'm thankful

I pretend to be a wolf, pretend in my head I have ears and tails, occasionally subliminally act as such...but like others said it's really just a metaphor for weird sensation and close experiences (and imagination) Im nothing but human. My 'otherkin-istic tendencies' are a byproduct of an extremely overactive imagination, probably the only reason I considered being otherkin or therian once, but I never went there because I'm aware of reality and not delusional

I can roll with therian because it has religious and historical basis, though. But as far as otherkinism and dragons and all things fictional...that doesn't work.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

For some reason, I keep revisiting this thread to see whether anyone responds to the original query with the message, "Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

I think I'll see how well Media Player Classic copes with The Fifth Element while I wait.

Sorry to disappoint.

Am I an animal inside? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

thread title is "Are you really an animal?"

Unless you're a smartass who's vouching that humans are also animals or sitting at your keyboard with paws, talons, flippers, what-have-you the answer is no. Don't kid yourself (especially if you're a goat)

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Hey guyz I'm totally a fox! Fuck me!

But more accurately, no, I don't think I am one. We may share parts of the animal kingdom on a physical/biological/genetic and hierarchy level, but the end result is always the same, you're human; or what is largely defined as human anyway.