What's the best reason you've ever gotten banned from the Internet?

jcstinks

Why did you do it  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you do it

• Not fitting in
    • You believe that you are an animal and someone found out
    • Comedy third option
    • Spamming
    • Accidental personal odiousness
    • Legitimately breaking the rules
    • Unrelated argument/falling-out with staff or popufur "member" (aheheahheheh)
    • Intentional personal odiousness

Hello, Internet! I am here to open a dialogue about the topic of getting banned.

Even the most upstanding Netizen is bound to find himself fursona-non-grata of one website, chatroom, or other such electronic social group. I am here to collect your stories on the various reasons for which you have been banned from other venues on the Internet.

My personal example is an old favorite of mine from the IRC chatroom #softpaws, the largest furry IRC channel in existence next to the still-quite-popular #maleyiff. In this example, I troll the Internet too hard, flying too close to the sun before getting burned.

<session start>
<whil wheaton> marfmarf
<jcfynx> That's not even words.
* whil wheaton marfs at spelling/grammar nazi
<jcfynx> I don't speak your strange and wonderful language.,
<jcfynx> Perhaps someday.
* whil wheaton detects a non-furry >.>
<YiffyCub> I detect a fuckwit
<jcfynx> That's right, I'm trolling you so hard right now.
<jcfynx> This is the troll line. Everyone above this line is trolled.
<jcfynx> ---------------------------------------------------------------
<jcfynx> Forever.
<jcfynx> How does it feel to be so deep in the pwn zone?
<xXk0rNfAnXx> :|
<whil wheaton> why is everyone here some evolved troll...?
*jcfynx session closed (get out)

Got banned from a few Minecraft servers for griefing. Kept getting kicked by some prepubescent moderator on another for saying Hell when he stole my house and gave it to another player. Got my stuff back after I complained on the server forum.

The moral of the story is, if you want to live you have to grief or be griefed.

1 hour ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Got banned from a few Minecraft servers for griefing. Kept getting kicked by some prepubescent moderator on another for saying Hell when he stole my house and gave it to another player. Got my stuff back after I complained on the server forum.

The moral of the story is, if you want to live you have to grief or be griefed.

Oh yeah I got banned from a MC server too. Mostly just for effectively cheating with a radar to find diamonds since fuck that noise. I kinda forgot how I got away with it before so I got caught.

i used to frequent a site called meez; it's a forum with 3d avatars you dress up kind of like imvu but not

i have been banned from there for:

saying i was gonna cut someone with my fake claws on my avatar in the 3d world

calling someone a baby and telling them to go suck a tit

having a cartoon of a fetus in my signature that said "click to abort"

having a cartoon of batman's butt in my signature (he was clothed, but they claimed it was inappropriate)

using the phrase "make love" in a nonsexual context

literally no reason (no explanation was given before or after the ban)

and plenty of other dumb things. 

before meez, i used to go to a chat site and sometimes would try to hit up private rooms.  i got banned from one for not answering the question of "male or female".  the rest of my many bans on that site were mostly due to cursing.

aside from those, i can't really recall having been banned from anywhere else.  i'm no rule breaker.

Not been banned from anywhere.

Well, now I think about it, there was this one time that I tried to sign into Neopets back when I used it and they'd banned my account and since I was a goody-two-shoes I had no idea what I could've done to have brought that on, so I filled out their form and they got back to me saying "your account wasn't actually banned, must've been a mistake, have a nice day" etc, so I have no idea what happened there. I dunno if that counts though.

Anything goes means the mods and janitors can ban anyone they want, too. I don't know about these days but back then furry purges were pretty common, especially after 'that board' was nuked... It calmed down after a while, but every once in awhile somebody would get powers who held a grudge. Or, more commonly, they were furries themselves who banned them all for the lulz. Good times :D

9 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Wait, you can get banned from 4chan?

Edited by DrGravitas
Mooobillllle~! *Shakes fist*

Back when I was in middle school, I managed to get my entire class to go on Club Penguin and troll everyone by using offensive names and other lovely things. I wasn't fully aware of the fact that the internet was full of actual people during that time, and by that, I mean I didn't know people actually took the internet seriously. Almost all of us were banned within half an hour.

My fun unsated, I rounded up my friends and took my efforts to Habbo Hotel. Same story, different site, though we did get better reactions that time. Banned.

A few years ago, I did the same thing again on Wolfhome ( a 2D chat-room with wolf avatars) with different friends. I created a character named ScrotumFace, had a mod talk to me privately and I was threatened with a ban if I didn't change my name (I was surprised I was given a warning). I left, changed my name to Wetdog, and harassed members by standing over their avatars and not saying anything. Banned.

It's amazing how easy it is to mess with people online.

• Like 1

Calling out a very popular guy, because I found out that he was completely fake. He lied about every facet of his life, even how he looked. Everyone else fell for his lies, so I was cast out. They'd rather have their perfect, ideal delusion than to believe they could be fooled so easily. 

Got banned from Office Riot Forums back in 2012, but the admin gave no reason for the ban. It was weird though, as I got banned as soon as I had sent in my moderator application. And then a close friend of the admin got the job a week after I was banned. For no reason. And then, a year later, I heard that the moderators were banning people for absolutely no reason. Hmm. So I joined a petition group and the resulting events closed the forum.

Too many to count -I am a digital cockroach however and I do not die easily.

Some from recent memory:

I got perma-banned from FAF for getting drunk and writing a rant about how the mods were fags and it was gay that everyone was banned. (they sure showed me)

I got banned from some random furry Skype group because I disagreed with the channel owner about YCH auctions and "started an argument" by not agreeing with him implicitly.

I was banned from from Phoenix dot corvidae dot org for being a "toxic influence" which I think is a very interesting way to say "Valued Poster".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Too many to count -I am a digital cockroach however and I do not die easily.

Some from recent memory:

I got perma-banned from FAF for getting drunk and writing a rant about how the mods were fags and it was gay that everyone was banned. (they sure showed me)

I got banned from some random furry Skype group because I disagreed with the channel owner about YCH auctions and "started an argument" by not agreeing with him implicitly.

I was banned from from Phoenix dot corvidae dot org for being a "toxic influence" which I think is a very interesting way to say "Valued Poster".

Are you.... the sexy sax man of Phoenix?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snagged Cub said:

Tell us more

A sandbox in Second Life banned me, without warning, for riding a virtual bike around the sim. It wasn't even technically a vehicle by SL's standards, more of an attachment with an AO, but I would have stopped if the mod asked me to. Instead, I got perma-banned on the spot. I was new at the time, and genuinely confused about why I couldn't teleport there anymore.

Plainly disagreeing with a gaming community owner about buying an overly expensive premium domain versus making a domain name of his own for expanding said community to attract more players.

But it should come as no surprise that gaming community admins are perhaps the most self-righteous and narcissistic of people on the Internet.