Nova

Choose your temperaments  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your temperaments

• Phlegmatic
    • Sanguine
    • Choleric
    • Melancholic

So every person has a temperant and i make a poll what temperament you have.

Are melancholic,phlegmatic, choleric or a  sanguine person.

Please also describe it detailed when you answer.

Your are allowed to choose two temperaments you have.

I describe myself as sanguine and phlegmatic.

I am actually behind the computer a really calm and silent and shy person but my emotions can change really fast.

Sometimes i feel like a butterfly and sometimes i feel like a poop.

I had a classmate who was 100% choleric.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I had to look those words up. For anybody else wondering:

You're doing God's work, son. Just saved a whole minute of each of our lives

I can get quite frustrated, aggravated and annoyed easily even by the the most little things but my temper is good enough to VERY seldom have tantrums

I guess phlegmatic describes me best from given four options

1 minute ago, Snagged Cub said:

You're doing God's work, son. Just saved a whole minute of each of our lives

I can get quite frustrated, aggravated and annoyed easily even by the the most little things but my temper is good enough to VERY seldom have tantrums

I guess phlegmatic describes me best from given four options

Thought for the day; if you invent a new kind of toilet flush that takes 1 second less to operate, and your new flush invention is used once a day by everybody on earth, then you have saved 3 life times worth of people's time each day. What kind of super hero saves 3 lives each day?

It's the good feels from thoughts like this that really drive me. :V

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

Thought for the day; if you invent a new kind of toilet flush that takes 1 second less to operate, and your new flush invention is used once a day by everybody on earth, then you have saved 3 life times worth of people's time each day. What kind of super hero saves 3 lives each day?

It's the good feels from thoughts like this that really drive me. :V

In case you did not notice, I did not mean to sound sarcastic. Hard thing to convey emotions over Internet, especially if you forgot the smiley faces 😅

6 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

In case you did not notice, I did not mean to sound sarcastic. Hard thing to convey emotions over Internet, especially if you forgot the smiley faces 😅

Don't worry, I didn't think you were being sarcastic; I was just making a joke. :3

I took a test on this not to long ago.

Came out with Sanguine and Choleric as the top results.

I guess that pans out, I'm creative, I daydream a lot and fairly confident in myself when my mood is up I can be easy going and amiable with the right company. But on the flip side I am also kind of prone to mood swings, have a lot of passion for the things I like.  Sometimes I'm grumpy to the point of being aggressive and I can fall into deep instances of feeling depressed.  

Abandoning modern medicine and psychology for humorism are we?

Just remember everyone; if you're feeling that you lean too strongly to one temperament or are in poor health, this is likely due to an imbalance of one of your 4 bodily humors (fluids).

Draining an appropriate quantity of the proper bodily fluid should set you back to an even temperament and good health, just consult your local Hippocratic physician.

• Like 3

I find it very difficult to assess myself on this sort of thing and probably have a lot of bias. But I'd consider myself Phlegmatic and... Melancholic? I dunno. I read up on it a little bit so that's the closest I'd say.

• Like 1

I gravitate between Phlegmatic (accurate link description) and Sanguine, depending on my energy, social comfort, and mood. I'm never to extremely rarely choleric or melancholic, perhaps only in my low points on melancholy.

10 hours ago, Vaer said:

Sanguine and Phlegmatic.

I guess?

Master race!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Whatever happened to just simply saying someone is an asshole?

Gotta admit 'you choleric asshole' has a bit of a ring to it, although if you called your friend 'Phlegmatic' they'd probably think you were insulting them too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

likening people to diseases is always effective

This made me curious, so I looked it up.

I think that the disease is named after yellow bile 'choler', which the ancient Greeks believed was responsible for bad-tempered 'choleric' behaviour.

Since the ancient Greeks believed that the temperament was balanced by 4 fluids; blood, yellow bile, black bile and phlegm...I guess that explains why phlegmatic sounds so gross. It actually is a reference for phlegm...the ancient Greeks must have thought that people full of snot were sturdy and calm. O_o

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think that the disease is named after yellow bile 'choler', which the ancient Greeks believed was responsible for bad-tempered 'choleric' behaviour.

Since the ancient Greeks believed that the temperament was balanced by 4 fluids; blood, yellow bile, black bile and phlegm...I guess that explains why phlegmatic sounds so gross. It actually is a reference for phlegm...the ancient Greeks must have thought that people full of snot were sturdy and calm. O_o

Well, if someone had an excess or deficiency of any of the humors it was thought to be the cause of bad temperament of some form, as well as bad health in general...

So someone with an excess of phlegm would probably be more along the lines of someone who is lazy and inactive, i.e. taking calmness to its extreme.

Humorism theory is pretty interesting; it was the predominant theory of medicine in the Western world until the advent of modern medicine in the 19th century, having a large effect on European history, and in some areas actually came close to the truth; the belief that excesses or deficiencies of bodily fluids had an effect on temperament in some ways parallels the actual effect deficiencies of various bodily chemicals have on emotions and mental health.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I like when I lose blood. Even though I know bloodletting is a load of crap, it's therapeutic for me because I think about "new replaces old".