What would your suicide song be?

Phausk

when I feel suicidal, this is my go to song

If you want a song I would COMMIT suicide to, nah. Gotta be the commander of your ship, when bad weather's got you low you just turn the fucking sails and try your damnedest to come out on top. I didn't die through all the bullshit I've gone through, I'm sure as fuck not going out cuz my demons caught me alone. I'm not tempting fate by encouraging myself into those waters. 

• Like 7

My ANTI-suicide songs are aplenty...typically anything that encourges a never-give-up attitude

Breaking Benjamin has many, as the attitude of the band as a whole is the 'keep fighting through it'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sK2pp2Vkto

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCA7xipW2J0

But also there's Rise Against's song from their new album and I think its beautiful

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHz6ygzh5vg

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Last time I was on a depression binge, I listened to this a lot:

https://youtu.be/_49nbdcvMGA

Looking back, it tries a little too hard to be sad that it sounds quite cheesy.

On a more serious note, probably this song, and also something I want played at my funeral: (Starts at 5:30)

Edited by Chrysocyon

I'm sorry that this is a thread that is so relevant to so many of us. Initially I would have called it grossly inappropriate and in terrible taste, but it seems OP is serious.

If there would ever come such a time, I'm not the same woman I was. Before I would have chosen something like Dirt or Sickman by alice in chains.

Now I would choose Dirt Floor or Wild Country by Chris Whitley, and I know now that when I pass it will be only because my days have been long lived.

• Like 1

How pretentious does one have to be to have a specific theme song they play when they kill themselves.

Unless you're referring to what I call "crying songs", which is what songs I'd listen to when I was like 14 and emo and was crying at the time.
Mostly Armor For Sleep, Stars, Taking Back Sunday, or Silverstein.

Edited by Gamedog
  • Like 1

How pretentious does one have to be to have a specific theme song they play when they kill themselves.

Unless you're referring to what I call "crying songs", which is what songs I'd listen to when I was like 14 and emo and was crying at the time.
Mostly Armor For Sleep, Stars, Taking Back Sunday, or Silverstein.

Suicide songs sound like the kind of shit you'd hear about in like a school shooters manifesto.

If I HAD to choose a death song though, it would be "Anthem of the Angels"-Breaking Benjamin...or "Life is beautiful"-Sixx AM (Years ago it would have been "Boulevard of Broken dreams- Green day" or "Someone who cares-three days grace")

I dont really give suicide much thought, you just cant let those negative emotions win out to take something in your own hands.

I would be lying if I hadnt considered the sweet release of death though (sorry, a really dark statement) But if I did die it would not be of my own hands and I have completed many things thus far I am proud of. I would be happy, and I'd hope those around me wouldnt worry too much, because Im fine.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

I'M QUITE PREPARED TO USE WHAT EVERYONE DECLINES 
I CAN'T RESTRAINED MYSELF 
'CAUSE DEVILS IN MY HEAD TONIGHT 
DULLNESS IN MY EYES TURNS ALL THE SUNSHINE INTO RAIN 
AND I DECEIVE MYSELF THAT I COULD NEVER FALL AGAIN 

I'M A POLYTOXIMANIAC 
DANGEROUS AND BLIND 
A POLYTOXIMANIAC 
THE TRUTH BEGINS TO BITE 
A POLYTOXIMANIAC 
IT'S ALL THAT I CAN SAY 
A POLYTOXIMANIAC 
FROM BIRTH 'TIL MY DECAY 

IT'S NOT A STRONG MAN'S ACT TO FALL IN ECSTASY 
I LIKE TO HAVE A BIT OF FUN ALSO WITH MEDICINE 
I BLOW MY BRAIN OUT OF MY HEAD BUT I DON'T CARE 
SEARCHING FOR A SECRET FLAVOUR RESTLESS DAY BY DAY 

SOMETIMES I SEE REFLECTIONS IN THE SHADE OF GOD 
ONE BILLION COCKROACHES ARE READY TO ATTACK 
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY SENSE IT'S TIME TO SAT GOODBYE 
THE GOLDEN SHOT IS DUE, ERASURE OF MY MIND

:D

Next To Normal - There's A World

In Context (do not expand should you wish to ever see the show):

The song is sung by the protag's son, who died 16 years ago as an infant, who is persuading her to kill herself.

It gives me chills because this is what it feels like. Suicide feels like this easy, beautiful and ultimately peaceful ending to a life rife with mental illness, abuse, and trauma. It's a big glaring out sign, and it brings the viewer back to the age-old question:

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep.

Even though I don't have a reason or a want to  commit suicide i think the song mad world the Gary Jules version would fit best. Side note if the thought has crossed your mind please call a help line as I think that suicide is a long term answer to a short term problem in most cases.

• Like 2

Even though I don't have a reason or a want to  commit suicide i think the song mad world the Gary Jules version would fit best. Side note if the thought has crossed your mind please call a help line as I think that suicide is a long term answer to a short term problem in most cases.

NGL a lot of Helplines are fucking horrible, like, I had one guy on a suicide prevention helpline tell me to "go do it you fucking faggot" and hang up.

Apart from the song I mentioned above though?
Sigur Rós - Sæglópur

I don't think you understand how much I miss Milo. I wish it was me and not him. I wouldn't have been missed.

If for whatever reason i decided to listen to specific music before i killed myself it would have to be an album, this album to be precise:

This album somehow manages to burrow it's way into my head and bring me to extremes of emotion quite often. I've actually had weird, borderline religious experiences and meditation induced hallucinations while listening to it in the past, it would be the perfect thing to drift out with if it ever got to that point.

I'd listen (and watch) this. About the only good thing John Mayer ever did. And afterwards I wouldn't kill myself cuz I'd feel happier. 

but let's say I'm fighting a horde of orcs as my loved ones escape to the Green Place therefore sacrificing my life for them. 

Because if you're gonna go out, go out with a bang. ;3